Ogallala Quilter's Society
Ogallala Quilter's Society is a nonprofit educational, non-discriminatory organization founded in 1997 to foster high standards of design, color and workmanship in quilting; teach the art of quilting; and preserve our quilting heritage.
2022 Best of Show, Best Machine Quilting - Track Mounted
"Lotus Blossom Special" Made by Sally Noland
Quilted by Angela McCorkle
2022 Viewer's Choice
"Mama Said to Choose JUST ONE"
Made and quilted by Mary Cotten-Randall
Our Fall Retreat 2022 will be in September and spots are quickly filling up!
Deadline to register is September 9, 2022. Registration forms are available here now.
2022 Fall Retreat Quilt Challenge Guidelines
1. Quilt must be less than 120 inches total perimeter.
2. Any technique or embellishments are acceptable.
3. Quilts must consist of three layers and be finished on the edges somehow.
4. Theme must be incorporated into the quilt.
5. You must not have any individual identifying information on the front of the quilt. You must have your name on the back of the quilt.
6. Quilt will be displayed at the OQS 2022 Fall Retreat at Ceta Canyon.
7. This year's theme is: Birthstone/Flower. Use colors of your birth month flower and birthstone. Feature the flower somehow. Be creative and enjoy the process and the experience!
We need you!! Our team is working on plans for OQS 2023 festival to be held in Dimmitt, Texas the week of March 31 - April 1, 2023. If you would like to teach a class or know of someone who would, you can download our proposal form and submit your ideas! Deadline for submitting is October 1, 2022.
If teaching isn't the right for you, just let us know where you'd like to help! We are always on the lookout for volunteers and would love for you to get involved with Ogallala Quilter's Society!