Ogallala Quilter's Society
Ogallala Quilter's Society is a nonprofit educational, non-discriminatory organization founded in 1997 to foster high standards of design, color and workmanship in quilting; teach the art of quilting; and preserve our quilting heritage.
Have you renewed your membership for 2019? Memberships run from January to December. Renew now!
2019 Best of Show and Best Machine Quilting - Stationary
"Mary's Caswell" Made by Mary Steinhauer
Pattern by Carliss Searcy "The Caswell Carpet"
Ogallala Quilt Festival 2020
April 3 - 4, 2020
It is no wonder that Marti Michell, the 2004 Silver Star Honoree at the Houston International Quilt Festival, is often introduced as a pioneer in the current quilt revival. In fact, in 1972 when Marti and her husband Richard started Yours Truly, Inc., a patchwork kit company, there was no quilt industry. Since then, she has contributed in almost every capacity. Whether she is participating as a teacher, quilter, author, publisher, manufacturer, designer, consultant, judge or quilt collector, her enthusiasm for and love of quilting is always evident.
Join Midland Quilters Guild as they celebrate 40 years as a guild. They will have lots of beautiful quilts to look at, a Quilter's Market as well as a Silent Auction to purchase items from. Vendors too! View the special displays of antique quilts and Quilts of Valor. There will also be a certified quilt appraiser both days for appraising quilts. Visit Midland Quilters Guild for more info. Quilt entry forms due August 23, 2019 Download forms here
Ceta Canyon Fall Retreat September 27 - 29, 2019
This is a great way to meet other quilters, learn some new techniques, get away from distractions at home, and sew, sew, sew!
Cost :$200 includes meals, room with linens $220 for non-members
Our Fall Retreat Challenge theme is "3-D Fun". Start working on your entry now!
1. Quilt must be less than 120" in total perimeter.
2. Any technique or embellishments are acceptable.
3. Quilts must consist of three layers and be finished on the edges somehow.
4. Theme must be incorporated into the quilt.
5. You must not have any individual identifying information on the front of the quilt. You must have your name on the back of the quilt.
6. Quilts will be displayed at OQS Fall Retreat at Ceta Canyon.
7. This year's theme: 3-D Fun!
8. Be creative and enjoy the process and the experience!
Trunk show: Nathalie Neill
Featured teacher: Tammy Tucker, "Sticks & Stones"
Vendor: Country Store Quilt Shop, Lovington, NM
Eugene Hunter will be back this year to service sewing machines and sharpen scissors. Lee Landes will also be available for massages at the retreat.
New at Fall Retreat this year, "Quilt Lottery"
To enter the lottery:
1. Make a 10" block using batiks, include your name on the back of the block.
2. All the blocks will be put into a basket.
3. A block is pulled out at random and that person wins all the blocks!!!
4. You may put in as many blocks as you wish - more chances of winning!
5. The drawing will be held Saturday.
Midland Quilters Guild
October 4 & 5, 2019
Bush Convention Center
105 N Main Midland, Texas
9 AM to 5 PM
Our Fall Retreat is held each September at the Ceta Canyon Retreat Center near Happy, Texas. A specific project is featured but participation is optional. If you choose not to work on the project, bring your own projects.
Look through your library of quilting books and you'll surely find one of Marti's books. At latest count, over 1.5 million books authored by Marti have been sold. Likewise, you undoubtedly have fabric, patterns or tools that she has designed in your collected sewing materials. Furthermore, her influence in the quilting industry is enormous. During the Yours Truly years, 1972-1985, Marti "discovered" and she and Richard published and promoted into early prominence, quiltmaker/author/teacher personalities such as Mary Ellen Hopkins, Liz Porter, Marianne Fons, Harriet Hargrave, Susan McKelvey, Jean Wells, and Cheryl Bradkin.